PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA Flight Attendants rip the ring out at IAD
Old 21st May 2007, 08:24
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line-Driver said...' I am shocked that in this modern day and age there are still thought processes along the lines that the Captain still carries the ultimate and overiding decision making (popular or un-popular) decision that can ruin a team work and CRM process just because he is empowered by the company and authorities to be in that position.'

Well it does, the captain does carries ultimate decision making, thats why he is paid the most. Otherwise when there is a mistake, an error or an emergency, everyone just looks at eachother and says, not my problem.

You have made the most ridiculous statements, in every walk of life, in every job, in every situation there has to a be a leader and a chain of command, otherwise, we have anarchy.

Secondly, you said this...

'The previous statements make it sound like the "glorified-bus-drivers" are beter than the "kitchen staff and waiters", just wait until the busdrivers scrape the tail on their Jumbo and don,t know it, the cabin crew in the rear hear it but keep quite on purpose to "just let them figure it out for themselves up-front, why should we tell him that he just messed-up, he just disrespects us in any case"

Well, if they didnt tell him their own lives would too be at risk through any possible damage. So you would put your own life and that of 400 odd pax in danger to spite your captain.

Should that be the case and you survived any incident/accident, you would be charged with neglegance and corporate murder (i think is the term) should anyone die.

You are the one giving your own profession a bad name with such utter rubbish.

Not extending just because you can and not considering making the flight work while remaining legal.