PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange trial lessons
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2007, 08:14
Kaptain Kremen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a trial lesson customer, she was about 21 yrs old and rather giggly which i put down to nerves. During the ground brief she didn't seem to pay much attention and wanted to know if we could take the red plane rather than the blue as it was her favourite colour etc etc....just a bit...eccentric all round. Then she announced that she wouldn't go unless her toy Bagpus cat could sit up front with her"...er, ok, sure".
once airborne she talked constantly to the toy, repeating my words of wisdom on how to fly the aircraft to the toy and then having a go herself.
Ok, so not too amazing, but..SHE WAS BRILLIANT AT IT! By far the most naturally talented first timer i'd ever seen! Even managed a sensible landing.
After landing she told me that bagpus didn't like it too much and that she wouldn't be back. Shame...could've been a future BA Captain.

Also had another who didn't realise until i climbed aboard after strapping her in that, in fact, I would be coming too! Must revise my preflight brief...