PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar Missing Man Formation
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2007, 08:14
teeteringhead

Gentleman Aviator

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts
Sadly couldn't make the funeral but had been privileged to know Wyn for many years. Concur wholeheartedly with the idea of the Peter Pan of the fast-jet world, who never lost his enthusiasm for flying despite getting to exalted rank. After previous brushes with the "Big C", he was delighted when I last saw him (earlier this year IIRC) that he's just got his flying cat back and was going to go AEF-ing at Saints.....

Not just a rugby fanatic, but a useful RAF fly-half in his youth. He remarked to me after Jeff Young's funeral a year or so back that he (Wyn) had just overlapped with JY (Wales & Lions hooker) in the RAF team .... I think Jeff's last match was Wyn's first....

A top RLO for Wales too, as anyone who got involved in Crashexes at Valley or Saints would testify. Not sure the Staish at Saints ever got over the busload of journalism students from Cardiff that Wyn provided to ask tricky questions (and produce a video and "newspaper") after a disaster exercise.....

Very useful Welsh speaking mate too for us incomers who were baffled by Druid bureaucracy in a strange language......