PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest update
Thread: Skywest update
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2007, 04:36
Xeptu

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Well obviously you work for Skywest, that would explain your passionate response, I'm not interested in making this personal, I'm merely responding to the original post as you should be.

So lets stay with the facts with maybe a little speculation is fine.

1. Skywest has not done anything "new" of any significance in the last 5 years.

2. Alliance is expanding at 3 times the rate of Skywest over the same period and operates the same equipment in several bases, including Perth.

3. QF excerised it's options on a further 10 Q-400's due for delivery in the 2008/9 financial year, surprise surprise at around the same time skywest's route protection expires. Incidentally, just 10 days after Skywest announced on the ASX it's had aquired a deal for 4 A320's due for deployment in Perth November 2006. ( maybe you could shed some light on whats happening there)

4. We know and the State Government has made it no secret, that Western Australia plans to be an open skies policy beyond 2009.

5. It is not inconceivable that QF may deploy those aircraft over skywests regional routes, complete with QF frequent flyer points. I would think if I were a gambling man that QF might win that battle. Given the current crew shortages, that might appear to be a better option for existing skywest crew also.

6. Yes! I have seen the Skywest Pilots Agreement, as it appears on the AIRC website, a very good and comprehensive agreement, well done and a credit to those who wrote it.

X