PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA Flight Attendants rip the ring out at IAD
Old 20th May 2007, 21:58
line-driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must add that I am shocked that in this modern day and age there are still thought processes along the lines that the Captain still carries the ultimate and overiding decision making (popular or un-popular) decision that can ruin a team work and CRM process just because he is empowered by the company and authorities to be in that position.

If this is the way things are developing then it wouldn't surprise me if more of these rebelions are going to take place, never mind the the total breakdown of communication between flightdeck and cabin crew, where its even possible that the cabin crew will maliciously not bring a safety related issue to the flightdecks attention because of the wall that the flightdeck crew have built up, due to their arrogant and "god-like" attitude towards their own cabin crew.

The previous statements make it sound like the "glorified-bus-drivers" are beter than the "kitchen staff and waiters", just wait until the busdrivers scrape the tail on their Jumbo and don,t know it, the cabin crew in the rear hear it but keep quite on purpose to "just let them figure it out for themselves up-front, why should we tell him that he just messed-up, he just disrespects us in any case"

IMHO