PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 20th May 2007, 11:47
garywoodrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only got 7 GCSE's all C's and 1 B inc maths, english and science. I guess i messed around too much . Im in college now doing AS-Level ICT double and Physics which im predicted two A's and a B. Already got two B's for certain . By the sounds of it, if u got a C in year 8 and then an A for maths, you should not have any problems with school grades. I only got a C in year 10 for maths .

Im starting my flight training shortly and have asked this question many times, mostly the answers i got was that as long as you have at least 5 GCSE's C+ airlines wont mind, it is more about what A-Level grades you get and mostly, how many flying hours and licences you have and your personality. Also your ability to fly an airliner. Im not sure gaining those grades earlier will help, but they could, just not sure myself. Also your going to need alot of motivation when doing your flight training as your most probably going to have to cope with huge debts and being broke for a few years .

Hope this helps and best of luck,

Gary Woodrow