PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the Federation
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2007, 07:52
Lawrie Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next Generation
Yes I will correct you as the document presented was the outcome of the talks it was not endorsed as the preferred outcome by the Federation or the negotiators.
Again some pilots either deliberately or naively forget under the Act we are required to accept the document as being that reached before it can go out to vote not something we go and say you have to accept or reject. The pilots at Virgin voted it down and back to the table we went. It is in the Virgin pilot hands whether the document gets voted up.
As a parallel at Eastern we produced a document that was an outcome, I and the negotiators could read that we had reached an end. The pilots voted it down around 75% with encouragment for those wished to split away from the Federation. In the end a renewed document correcting typos and clarifying three clauses was voted up by over 80% but we lost the backpay which the company gained a net benefit of around $1million. The pilots lost significantly through a disasterous exercise in trying to split our resources.
Ahab
I sure it will not surprise you that the comment is not based on any fact. We have and will continue to respond to members views. Just because your view is not accepted does not mean it is not considered. That is why we have pilots at the table and they provide the direction. Yes I and others will often comment that some items are unable to be achieved but they are still put if that is what the negotiators wish to push. As for your comment about consulting management first total rubbish.
Kelly
No the Federation only has membership to IFALPA to which it is a founding member.
VBdriver
Thanks for the cynical response but I suggest the obvious we belong to our members at Virgin Blue/Jetstar/Eastern/Sunstate/National Jet/REX/Air North/CHC/Bristow/Jayrow/Flight schools/Charter ops/Aerial Ag/RFDS/EMS ops/Police and so on. All members of the profession of air pilotage in Australia by choice not by exclusion.

Last edited by Lawrie Cox; 21st May 2007 at 05:21.