PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From the US- It's tough on GA downunder
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2007, 04:44
tobzalp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quokka
The contingency for unexpectantly losing a controller from an operational group was the transfer of a controller from another operational group into the group that was one-too-many controllers below it's minimum requirement.
This happened to the most handsome and witty ATC in the world. Worked my first doggo on the new sector last night and was involved in an incident (not my error of course) within 5 seconds of sitting down. Listening to the tape(instant playback at the console due to the masses of errors dished up in this part of the globe) you hear me voice log on the the button dings from a country that is not Australia and the fun begins
On topic, with SDE and the Upper/Regional/East Coast thing and no cross subsidies, the little end of town are going to be paying large. With a quick run through, the most bodies are going to be the low level areas and to recover costs fully without the heavy metal topping the coffers up, I can see a river of tears flowing in the not too distant future.