PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 22:40
pretty boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hell all ex emerald comrades

hello to all the my ex collegues. very rarely go onto this forum but do like to find out about the fate of emerald. i joined emerald/streamline back in 2003 as a first job and am still very grateful for the oppertuninty.
sure i moaned when i worked those deep nights, very rarely seeing the sun and getting payed pittance throughout the winter, but thats what pilots do best, complain! erm and spend too much money!
i left the SD360 back in 2005 and am now lucky enough to be flying a 757 for a much more stable company. i still regard my days on the shed as the most valuable flight hours i have, and gives a grounding that no oxford graduate straight onto an airbus would never comprehend.
the fact that emerald operated for the legnth of time that it did is purely down to the ops, rosterring f stafand flight crews and the hard graft and self sacrifice which we all nievely thought was for a greater good.
i thank you all for the valuable time that i had in emerald and hope that your path has prosperred. and for the reason that the portacabin towers are no no more, and the dedicated employyes that worked there are empty, rests with a few selfsh souls that i hope time will grant them a conscience.
M