PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange trial lessons
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 20:04
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rjay,

I will treat your comments with the contempt that they deserve in respect to my attitude to people of any religion. I treat all as I find. Devotion doesn't change anything.

Have I had a bad experience with S.B, Yep. I have seen first hand unprofessionalism that I have yet to see paralled.

I was the first to welcome S.B to our club and to try and get a working relationship with them. In fact the original team were excellent.
Proper old school coppers, who knew exactly what was going on and cultured a superb relationship with us.
They moved on and were replaced by a team who actually sent us letters and faxes telling us we had to give 24 (??) hrs notice if we wanted to fly to any of the Highlands & Islands airfields.........

Strangley enough a number of us queried this. They backed off rapidly when I faxed a copy of the Terrorism Act 2000 to them and told them which sections to read.

We also had a number of muslim students stopped each and every time they went through any international airport. They were held on average for 8 hours a time. Two of them were stopped 3 times within a couple of months.

They all used to travel regularily with no problems until we gave S.B access to our records. Immediately they were targeted. No one else was though.

I understand the problem of terrorism and it is a hard job that S.B do. But I won't be party to any hounding of innocent people simply because of the colour of the skin or the religion they chose to follow.

So be aware of the consequences.

Anyway, I have had numerous nutcases on Trial Lessons from people trying to get out at 2000 ft to others pouring their heart out and telling you the most intimate details of their lives, despite the fact I only met them 30 minutes before!