PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC MCA Transition
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 19:56
[email protected]

Received 657 Likes on 290 Posts
Tractor driver - sarowl wrote-
2. There are four SAR/LN450 S61s (one each base) plus two 'standard' S61s as spares. One spare is at Lee, the other is in Sumburgh. Because of maintenance requirements the spare aircraft are regularly on line with little diminution of the proffered service. Crews regularly train - yes, even over decks on pitch black nights - on the spare aircraft to maintain proficiency.
The last sentence says the crews train on the spare aircraft and the second says that the spares are at Lee and Sumburgh. The smiley after my question means I know what he is saying but that it can be read another way from that which he intended.
Sailor Vee - does a 'standard S61' have a doppler hovermeter, an autohover, both or none? I know what the CHC ones have but not the Bristows ones, that is why I asked the question - duh!
There is no need for another pi88ing contest - I know that as with any skill, those that practise most will be best at it and SAR is no different whether front or rearcrew. Whether this truism will be reflected in the new SAR contract is up to the beancounters.

Last edited by [email protected]; 20th May 2007 at 06:09. Reason: spelling