PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sponsorship programmes?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 18:40
Will88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are no such things as sponsorship programmes anymore just ways for companys to grain as much out of you whilst putting you on a very long bond with a huge whopping bill! The Highlands airways 75k job rings a bell. From where I am now in my training I could complete and get a 320 or 73 rating and still have change from 75k!
Always read the small print very carefully!!
Oh look - some other poor misguided soul who has completely misunderstood the Highland scheme. It really is very, very, very simple

You owe the company no money at all. Zilch. Nada. Rien. Diddly Squat. Zero. Sweet FA. Nil.

You do not pay back the cost of your training, period. It's all gratuit. So I suppose you could just about define it as a sponsorship - if that meets your obviously demanding criteria.

There is a enormous difference between being bonded and having a "huge bill" to foot. Highland Airways will not take a penny off you. The bond is just an abstract figure that decreases every month. It has no effect on your day to day life, your bank balance or any other aspect of your monetary wellbeing

Get a clue before you go badmouthing things like this in future please