PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS UK - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 16:19
Hyena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR Base Info

More Aussies up at LHR.....WOOOO HOOOOO

With most of the original crew slowly returning to oz we have become some what of a dying breed in London. Not that its bad, I am an aussie myself and love working with my european colleagues, but its nice to have a mixed bag of lollies. There has been a few flights of late where I have been the only Aussie on a Qantas flight

Working up at London is brilliant. As mentioned, the base is small with about 400 odd crew. So everyone knows everyone. Although there has been a large recruitment wave over the last 7 months so there are quite a few new faces about.

We do cross paths with Aussie based crew mainly in singapore and Hong Kong. We can get a mixed responce from some crew....some are really friendly others I will hold my comments on Think there might still be some resentment towards us.

I manage on the salary but it will all depend on where you live in London, how much of your allowance you spend down route etc etc. I would assume you are been offered money to relocate??? That will certainly help you find your feet.

We are allowed to trip swap with other crew which gives you some flexability. You are also allowed to move trips forward if there are flights available and move your days off together.....it can get quite confusing to explain but the system works pretty well. Scheduling are great and will do there best to help you sort out any issues with your roster.

Personally I think anyone would be mad to give up the opportunity to live and work in London and still retain your employment back in oz. Its such a great opportunity.

please ignore my spelling...am really tired