PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 15:18
Bomber Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATC Watcher says "Give us locations and more details to anwer."
No offence, but I really did laugh at that comment. Thats like something a powerful proactive senior airline manager would say before he "kicks ass".
I have never whined about ATC on pprune before but I have:
1. Filled out 4 SAIR's in the last 12 months detailing some SERIOUS safety issues and incidents
2. Filled out a non flight specific report to our management about the general state of ATC in the area and its non compatibilty with standard procedures and best practices.
3. Made "acquaintences" with an ATCO in spain, flew down on my day off, went to dinner with him him and we swapped info about problems (two proffessionals going behind backs of management to fix things from bottom up, which is i guess not very proffesional ) and then made recommendations to our chief pilot based on my new knowledge, some of which is now in force.
Overall it is still a shambles there. I NOW FEEL I HAVE THE RIGHT TO WHINE ON AN INTERNET FORUM SO DONT PICK ON ME!!!
Genuinly nothing personal ATC watcher, but you did make your comment sound like that reporting the problem over pprune to you will have more of an affect to change things, rather than my previous course of action. I know you most likely didn't mean it that way....it's just my cynical mind