PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu Pacific newly hired FO salary???
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 11:25
ssangyongs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am very proud because somebody did a homework about me. the first time in my life

first of all. yeah i am a pilot. not type rated on airbus, but on DHC06 TWIN OTTER. about 50 hrs TT (plus 200 on piper seneca GT), about 1000++ on single engine (including crop duster). Might not be impressive, but im slowly building hours.

I am not as lucky as those of you, who get full or partial scholarship to do pilot training.

COPIED FROM MY PREVIOUS POST :

ex-twin otter pilot here

i earned about RM 4000 p/m (about $1300) flying as F/O in Borneo. but retrenched as a result of domestic rationalization program. they transfer the company to new management so they tell me i had to stop because they prefer guys with more experience. i left and after two weeks they call and want me back because all the experienced pilots left after they get offer (from the new company's sister company, same management) as F/O on a320. i said no because it's obvious they will offer me lower pay because i'm new from school. also i already enrolled for economics course in local university.

their attitude is amazing.

well u can inquire them. Fly Asian Xpress. based in Miri, Malaysia.

I GOT RETRENCED. UNDERSTOOD. BECAUSE I WAS RETRENCED BY THIS COMPANY NOW TO FILL UP MY TIME I CHOOSE TO STUDY ECONOMICS. UNLIKE ANY OTHER PILOT SPENDING EXTRA HOURS DOING RESEARCH ABOUT STRANGERS.

I flied crop duster part time. mostly on weekend. not my full time job though. to build up my hours. pay-per-job basis. there's no harm in earning extra few bucks to do my own type rating which gonna cost at least $10.5k.

Since im jobless and decided to continue my study in uni, i actively seeking future opportunities in any company including cebu pacific. im ready to fly for gokongwei if he's willing to pay my type rating on airbus. and 3 years of service bond.

HOWEVER IM NOT INTERESTED (if im still pilot wannabe) to pay half of my training cost then get myself contracted to him, considering i can do on my own at slight lower prices, with no contract whatsoever. Let say, i qualified to be interviewed by Cebu pacific, satisfying all their strict criteria, and voila i land a cadet pilot program with CEB, i still have to pay half, amounting the value i miscalculated (and you got it right) to 'truly' enabled me to achieve my dream of flying.

Im telling all the wannabes out there, whether they interested or not, there's still many opportunities out there. I am not aware such thing as a 100% scholarship offered by CEB . All we hear and read in the newspaper is 50%, not 100%. U also need to verify your data.

about this "At first i thought schools in Malaysia are generally good but they sucks too..."

i graduated from this school, MFA, where his principal is capt. kashav, retired Indian air force pilot. there's no doubt about the training quality during my time. however after my batch left we heard about instructors left. other flying school are opening up in Malaysia, so there's a shortage of instructors. they left not because the state of training but being offered better pay, who'll refuse? Problems are everywhere, but i heard that this MH captain, who convert his license from Malaysian DCA ICAO to JAA, during exams he chatted about license conversion, the liaison officer of JAA said that if they have they will and if it's not because regulatory, pilots who had training in Malaysia, Australia and another country i forget can walk straight and take their new license, because these countries flying school is very strict especially on the theory test, where (he said) other countries schools would just pass their students,some even help theirs adding extra hours by just writing it in the log book.i hope and i believe this is not the case in the Philippines. That's the standard i mention. If you don't agree with me, i don't have any problem, ask any SQ, and MH pilots. And i want to stress here i didn't say standard of training in phils is low whatsoever.

I don't want to argue about you doing such a deep homework about me, maybe you're just like me,unemployed or simply not being in the job market or worse, a wannabe pilots who had nothing to do other than waiting the answers from ceb. I don't have such luxury of free time doing research about people who criticize me on the net.

What if, a son or daughter of a farmer, fared well in school, having ambition to become a pilot, qualified for cadet pilot by ceb, but have to turn it down because she/he cant afford the 50% of the fee? I want all the wannabes here to understand apart from cadet pilot by ceb, if they cant afford it, there's other way to become an aviator, joining air force for instance? Dont feel let down with the training cost.

Or they can afford it but having doubt or dont want to be bonded after the training, they can come to Malaysia. Well i know about the new school. You can go there, if you have doubt you ask them, new school doesnt mean sure-top notch training. It's the decision really. Im just comparing of what CEB demand and what you should pay to get the same thing in Malaysia. I just want people to think, and im glad u did. U clear all the confusion and even me myself im amazed.

You told me that i am immature, maybe i am. No man is perfect even a pilot. im just 22.

So wait for my CV ya, another 2 years i will finish my degree, and again i will embark my journey to become a full time pilot.

Please bear this in your mind, PPRUNE is a forum for pilots or anyone related to aviation, we're not interested in knowing how many times you change you underwear. immature? only you can tell.......

Last edited by ssangyongs; 19th May 2007 at 11:48.