PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange trial lessons
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 08:57
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh for God's sake.

Most devout muslims tend to be very polite, nothing suspiscious there. I wish there were more people like that around.

As for telling Special branch about it all...............
Nice bit of racial profiling from an unqualified bunch. Good idea.

The last thing any of us need is to have is special branch poking about unnecessarily. Our local special branch took an interest, but they had no idea what they were doing, or even how to interpret the Terrorism Act. They tried to impose restrictions on us, so obviously we kicked up a huge fuss.

Strangely enough they have also tried to "do" the boss, as they accused him of breaking the 12hr rule when travelling to N.I. This despite the fact he'd rung and spoken to them and was told it was ok. (We'd been waiting a week due to weather and had to keep changing the times.)
He was then told that the reason he was dragged in an interviewed was because the paperwork was "messy."

You couldn't make this up. I have lost all faith in them, as they plainly have no idea what they are doing, if you can't even interpret the act ccorrectly, what hope do we have!

Keep them at arms length, they aren't interested in helping GA, in fact they want to restrict it if possible. Don't give them an excuse!