PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu Pacific newly hired FO salary???
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 06:22
airbusbatics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ssangyong:

First, get your Mathematics right!

The cost of the course is 3,750,000 PHP which divided by 2 is 1,875,000, NOT1,870,000 as you mentioned. Mathematics is a fundamental part of a pilots life - learn it!
Also, you say that a frozen ATPL course costs something like 2,470,000 in Malaysia. Not a bad price, it's about average. So add to that the price of an A320 type rating. The cheapest ones I know of are in the States and Canada, and they cost you about 10,500 USD. So that's about another 575,000 PHP minimum, excluding airfare, accomodation and meals. That's if you do it in the States or Canada, it's substantially more expensive if you do it in Europe or in the Asia-Pacific region, I know of programs that cost 28,000 USD. But wait, before you can do the type rating course you need an MCC course. Let's say, on the cheap side, an extra 1500 USD minimum or 150,000 PHP...
So how are those mathematics adding up.....
But keep in mind that the type rating course I mentioned here is just that, a bare type rating course, if you want to add to that a base flight and buy 300 operational hours flying with some airline, altogether that would cost you 45,000 USD, minimum, or 2,250,000 PHP.
So how are those mathematics adding up....

Now, Cebu Pacific offers you all that: the theory/pratical part equivalent to a Frozen ATPL, an MCC course, a A320 type rating, a base flight and the opportunity to have a job on a jet straight out of the course....Plus a lot of the people joining the program have been given 50% scholarships by CEB, some even 100%...
All that bonded for 3 years for the 50%, bonded for 5 years for the 100% if I'm not mistaken.... That might not be a bad deal...
Plus the bond is pro-rata, so for example for someone who paid half of the course, if you do one year with CebPac you only have to pay the outstanding two thirds, after two years an outstanding one third, etc.

So, resuming, your direct comparison between the price of a frozen ATPL course in Malaysia and the price of the program offered by CEB is a simplistic approach...As you would say: "Please think again"

Price of a frozen ATPL in Malaysia...................................PHP 2,470,000
Price of CEB cadet pilot course in the Philippines................PHP 3,750,000
Getting Ssangyongs to do mathematics............................Priceless

Second, be coherent!

Here, on this thread, you make statements like:
"or this is just a ploy of Gokongwei to train you for peanuts amount (considering u pay half) and get u contracted to fly his birds for 5 years. and "You pay for your own training and you sign bond to keep you from flying with other airlines. Dont u feel he's conning these unfortunate cadet pilot?"

And then on the 16th May on the 'cebPac pilot exodus' thread you say:
"3 yrs with CEB wont be bad at all. I'll try with them too. by next year. good luck"

So, now 3 years ain't bad, huh? Feeling ready to be conned are you...?????

Here you state:
"How can Malaysia charge less because from what i heard standard of training there quite strict and high. They have SIA, Kingfisher and Indian Airlines sending pilots there for ATPL too. So there's no doubt about the quality."

Then on the 'Flight Training In Malaysia! MFA,HMA or APFT?' thread you say:
"At first i thought schools in Malaysia are generally good but they sucks too..."

So what's it gonna be? Good or Bad? Make up your mind....

Pilots are supposed to be assertive and assured. You change colours like I change underwear....

Third, Cover your tracks!

If I go to see your public profile and read your other posts on other threads, I can gather....:

You did your training at MFA in Malaysia, you flew DH6 Twin-Otters in Borneo, you fly cropdusters in Malaysia, you're studying economics at Uni...

How many people do you think match your profile?
So when you submit your CV at CebPac next year, have you thought about the possibility that the hiring people there and Mr. Gonkongwei would know who you are....and maybe remember such pearls of wisdom like:
"or this is just a ploy of Gokongwei to train you for peanuts amount (considering u pay half) and get u contracted to fly his birds for 5 years. and "Dont u feel he's conning these unfortunate cadet pilot?"

Understand this this is a public forum.... If you are going to come on this open forum and make comments like that, once again, be aware of possible repercussions, Big brother might be watching you...

PS - I personally like to call him "GOOK"ongwei, but I'm not applying for Cebu Pacific am I....

So, cover your tracks.....

So based on everything that I have said above, next time you post, think before you post.

You reveal yourself as immature.

I think it's time for the Boy to become a Man.