PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2007, 16:48
flightless_bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phase 4 tips

I read this thread in its entirety and I found some of the stuff on here really useful for preparing for all the assessment so I thought I would give a little something back.

I recently did phase 4 and here are some tips to add to the good advice already written here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpos...postcount=1080

Find out more about the main instruments in a light aircraft:
- attitude indicator (AI) or articial horizon
- vertical speed indicator (VSI)
- altimeter
- airspeed indicator
- direction indicator (DI)

You don't need to know the physics behind how they work, just what they are called and how to read them. Also make sure you know are familiar with a compass rose, what 090 and 355 means for example and which way you would turn to go from one heading to the other.

And do remember to say "standby" if your flying turns to crap when you asked mental arithmetic questions. I read this in the thread but still forgot to do it and it's amazing how your flying deteriorates.

And just as an aside, you may not be in a Raytheon (formerly Beechcraft) King Air. If you have your phase 4 at Nursling then there as far as I know there are only Boeing and Airbus sims there so you will be in a B737-300.

Best of luck all.