PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Classic Runway Analysis max weights versus QRH speeds for light weights.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:39
Old Smokey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A further caveat that I should have added to my earlier post is that unless all of your data is for a balanced field, then whilst common sense dictates that a higher than required thrust (weight < max assumed temperature limit) should be acceptable, you may not have a legal leg to stand on if you are using UNBALANCED field data.

In the second paragraph of the original post it was mentioned in the preamble description that adjustments must be made for Clearway, Stopway, etc.

The FMC does NOT make allowance for unbalanced field.

The Airport Analysis DOES make allowance for unbalanced field (if used), and all data extracted from the A/A, including the Assumed Temperature, are derived from this.

Does your QRH provide the pilot means of deriving Assumed Temperature along with the corrections to V speeds for Clearway, Stopway, etc.?

As a general rule, you can't mix and match QRH, A/A, and FMC data unless you're using the balanced field principal. Beware the lawyers at the investigation!

I'd better bow out of this one, I'm not B737 qualified, but there's my 2 cents worth.

Regards,

Old Smokey