PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA PPL currency?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2007, 08:40
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem 'these days' is that a significant number of people (well, those I've talked to at least) don't even learn the material in the first place.

Since the appearance on the market of 'The PPL Confuser', 'The IMC Confuser' and the numerous on-line Question Banks now floating about a lot of folks find it a lot easier and more convenient to simply learn the Q's and A's than spend hours in their already over-stretched lives studying subject material that they believe they are never going to need to use.

A lad sitting alongside me on the ATPL Brush-Up happily admitted that he had passed the first set of ATPL exams by using the on-line QB alone, as have many others.

Agree with it or not, it is what is happening and some of the fault must be apportioned to those that make statements (in these forums as well as anywhere else) along the lines of "the majority of it is unnecessary and you'll never need to use it. Just make sure you learn your TR material". If I had a pound for every time I've heard that! Student PPLs hear that as well as potential CPL / ATPLs and if that is the advice coming from 'the experts' well who can fault them for taking it?

Hopefully, our friend Kengineer-130 managed to find plenty of time in amongst the hours of inactivity (punctuated by relatively short episodes of excitement / panic) whilst sat on Fraggle Rock, the Sandpit or any other dusty, dry environments that Mr Bliar and our wonderful government has forced us into, to read up on his notes.

However, to chastise him for asking a simple question, however bone, is wrong and it forces me to point out that:

There are never any stupid questions, just stupid answers.

The question could have been answered by one simple response, not a tirade of put-downs.

Here we go Kengineer-130, have a read, free of charge, of Section F (pdf Pages 242 - 243)

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS_07.pdf

Also JAR FCL 1 (pdf Pages 93 - 94):

http://jaa.nl/publications/jars/607069.pdf

HTH

2close