PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incoming - Salik (UAE Road Toll)
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2007, 08:13
journeyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like a justified whinge as much as the next man but come on, people - this EK dogma is getting a little out of hand now.

jai6638 - pointless? The point is to reduce congestion on SZR. No alternative routes? What do you call Business Bay Crossing, Maktoum Bridge, Al Khail Road and Emirates Road?

TOD - the sliproad in front of Wolfies becoming a main thoroughfare? How so? It's one-way to the north - after the tollgate, so a bit pointless really.

Tollroads are common in most countries - what's the big deal? For the majority of EK guys I think it'll probably be beneficial. Think about it. When do most of us use Garhoud Bridge? To go to work or the occasional visit to City Centre. How much time/petrol do you currently waste on SZR? I think Dhs8 is a reasonable price to pay for the convenience of what will certainly become a less congested road because there will be a lot of people who don't like the idea of paying.

Remember the days before paid parking in the busier parts of town, i.e. Deira, Satwa, Karama, SZR sliproads, etc. Now at least, you stand a realistic chance of finding a spot for Dhs1 - I'll pay that anyday.