PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryanairs management
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2007, 12:45
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought most of my questions or points would not get answered and they were not..... You see there are people who don't want to ask the difficult questions about life or in this case their own current employment situation or that of other colleagues in the same or other companies and fields.
Unfortunately you do have to make the choice at some time.

Moving company is not always the only choice here. People for whatever reason might not want to or have the ability to move company. Whatever the person's reasons what right have you after a smaller amount of time served in a company to turn round to the employee who might have given very many loyal and hard working years service and tell him to buzz off because everything is ok in the last year or two with your own situation?

Alibaba I think you are getting a little overcomplex
Don't let the length of my post detract from what I have been trying to point out in my two previous posts. There was nothing complicated in anything I have said. To be honest it was as simple as it gets.

Have you contacted MOL directly about this? If not and you feel so strongly about it I am at a bit of a loss....
No I haven't contacted MOL. Thanks for the suggestion. Whatever I feel about the subject does not change some of the facts that surround it.

My point about whinging on here is that every one joins in and morale decreases to a point less than any possible problem causes in the first place and the whole thing snowballs.
The beatings will continue until morale improves!
Well you know how to stop people complaining don't you. Join and support your colleagues in FR by trying to achieve better employment practices. If people didn't have anything to complain about they wouldn't come onto PPRUNE to talk about some of the blatant and very real abuses that go on in FR. You could actually try to make this change and you would benefit from the very many real and positive changes in your employment in FR. That sounds like more of a win, win situation to me.

alibaba
I agree with you that there are some areas that need to be addressed. However, I am simply trying to put things into perspective. Most people who read anything about RYR on Pprune are led to believe that the staff are slaves, and the airline is dangerous. If you actualy do know anything about the airline, you will know it is all far from the truth!
BALLSOUT.
FR is a large and a professional airline with a good standard of SOPs, I would say most fellow professionals acknowledge this and should understand it. But there are by all accounts very real and damaging practices that take place against employees. These affect their life directly and sometimes to a extreme extent. I understand what you are saying and have to agree with what you are saying at times but people do have real problems and that is something that you and others should also try to understand.

Culture is a very real issue that can effect all departments in a company. With safety being of a pilot’s primary responsibility can people not see how this culture can not slip into daily working practices and safety related tasks.

So, 7,500 pounds Sterling per month (or 11,000 Euros per month, or 15,000 Dollars per month)
Net or gross, what are we talking about here? Dollars or Euros is dependent on exchange rates. The point is flying a B737 or A320 size aircraft to some of the many weird and wonderful places FR go 4 times a day is no easy task. Especially as a LTC on a training day. I don't think many pilots in Easy, Virgin or BA would look at £80,000 as a great deal of money doing this with all the expenses of employment in FR such as pensions and other items. This was my point.

the vast majority of us would vote with our feet on the basis that if the airline haven't got pilots, they can't fly their aircraft and will have to pay more as a result - it's the way it normally works in the business.
It is not the way it works for any serious career pilot on how they would see the business. People understand market forces but they generally wouldn’t let someone on the street walk up to them and take money out of their pocket. So why do people let it happen in their employment?

This is not always an option for employees of any company to leave. Many pilots have been with FR for a long time and have seen their current and past T+C's steadily eroded. Is it an acceptable practice to turn round to that person and say "if you don't like leave"? That person might have his family settled and all the other stuff that comes with life in general and have put in a large amount of service with his company. Moving is just not that easy. Would you expect a BA pilot with 20 years experience to do that or any other pilot with a serious employer?

If you do not try to stop the gradual deterioration of T+C's in that company do you not think that these same practices will not come to your company? This is also the way business's work! It would be naive in the extreme to assume that many of the practices that take place in FR would not follow you to your new company. Running away doesn't solve much it just delays the inevitable reduction in T+C’s that will follow you to your new employment.

Last edited by alibaba; 17th May 2007 at 13:04. Reason: To many very's, lol.