PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please change the 737 Pressurisation System
Old 17th May 2007, 08:43
PantLoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the problem...

Gentlemen,

It's been many years since I flew the 737, but after over 17 years on the aircraft and over 12,000 in the left seat, I never had a problem with the pressurization system. The design is pretty much simple and foolproof.

Now, having said that, I've not flown the NG 737, so I am not familiar with any changes that may have come along. I question those who have had problems: What, specifically, has been happening that caused the problems?

As many have stated in this post, if you follow the procedures, the system pretty much is failsafe. (As we all know, nothing in aviation is foolproof and failsafe....but, having said that, the 737 is one of the most reliable and simple-to-operate commercial passenger aircraft ever made.)

Southwest Airlines is the largest and most experienced 737 operator in the world. As far as I know, they've not had any problems. After reading this initial posting, I've contacted my buddies at Southwest to ask them if they've had any problems. None has any information of any operational problems with the pressurization system.

So, again, what, specifically, has been causing all of this???

PantLoad