PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tanzania ,safe or not .
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2007, 02:11
Soap Box Cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there Helldog, hmmm maybe I should look into the next elections

I'm up in the great white north right now trying to get these damn night hours for my ATP. I forgot the places you rent planes have crazy restrictions. I'm stuck waiting for the damn weather since I need SIX THOUSAND foot ceilings in order to fly cross country night. What you been up to these days?

And yes Dar is safe, just be carefull where you live and walk, all kinds of shadey Characters as in anyplace in the world. But when compared to Nairobi Dar Es Salaam literaly is a haven of peace.

Nothing really bad ever happened to me in Dar but friends of mine have had some things happen but that was and is not the Norm.

The bad stuff I've experienced has usually been out of Dar in Dodgy places or flying High risk flights. Which thankfully we no longer do and if we do it's on the discretion of the pilot if he wants to do it.

Tanzania is the actually the best place to Experience real Africa safely. A great expereince and an eye opening one fantastic flying and plenty of nice people around.

Though I am in need of a change of scenery and a career upgrade so hopefully back to the middle east. I'm sure many would think that place is even less safe