PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EI Whingefest...
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2000, 03:54
TwoDeadDogs

Smile

Hello,Minuteman and Capt.Sensible.
With regard to your comments,I must admit to being quite peeved after reading the article in the Indo.No such luxury has applied to the rest of EI's staff,ie,a whole page in a national newspaper to state their case.As one of EI's engineers,I have a stake in trying to find out what in God's name the company has planned for the likes of us non-pilots.They have made a complete shambles of informing their staff of what is going to happen during and after the flotation next Spring.Our cabin crews,handlers and clerical staff are on the verge of picking up placards over pathetic wages and conditions(for example,cabin crew on temporary contracts for IR£5000 p.a.; catering staff trying to earn a little more than McDonald's staff).As regards us at the spanner-wielding end,our company intends to shed it's turboprops and some of it's 146s.Where does that leave us? Are we down the road? Who knows? No-one is saying or telling.Apart from all that,I find the pilots' claim for a 100% pay-rise,when compared to what the non-pilots are looking for,to be a tad greedy.We still have not got what we were owed from the last pay round.Everyone is entitled to a decent living but Ms.Clancy's whinging just put the cap on my frustration.
regards
TDD