PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self-funding endorsements
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2007, 21:28
goddamit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I went through the stages most companies did their own in house endorsements, training with no payment or bond; But I still bought an endorsement or two when required(even without a job lined up.)when I had the min hours to score a job on the type. This pushed me up the ladder much quicker than my peers. This practice has been done for years & gives you an advantage. Unfortunately now airlines erode the salary & conditions down too so the money to reagain the loss takes slightly longer. Remember, done correctly the endorsement costs are 100% tax deductible(don't be bullied by the ato). I do not believe a warm fuzzy company environment exists anymore & corporate greed & shareholders dictate the salaries. More than that is the endless supply of pilots available(yes the lack of higher qualified pilot is lowering a bit). Pilots need to do their sums & if they can score a step up, they should do so. Salaries will go up gradually again & if you hold out everyone else will leave those unwilling to compromise behind.