PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK jobs market and where and how to find that first job?
Old 16th May 2007, 08:18
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stanziel
Wee Weasley Welshman, thanks for your warning, but I want to assure you that there are few people with 10 hours who know as much about the aviation industry as me: Both of my parets and my brother are pilots. My mother was a flight instructor, and my dad as been an f-5 pilot, a Boeing 737-200 pilot for 30 years, a captain, and a Chief Flight Instructor at one of the most respectable pilot schools in the world; he has around 20,000 hours logged.
I'm sorry, but you come across as someone who feels that aviation somehow owes you a living, and that your provenance means that you shouldn't have to do any work or research to get there. It frankly doesn't matter who your parents are, especially if you don't ask them for advice or information - and it definitely appears that you know a lot less about aviation than you think you do.

You need to do a lot more reading and listening, and a lot less boasting about your achievements. Arrogance and misplaced - especially vicarious - pride have no place in aviation.

Scroggs