PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK jobs market and where and how to find that first job?
Old 16th May 2007, 00:54
Stanziel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

That's it. This is really getting annoying!

I have never been much for forums, but I though skype might be different as it is made up of pilots. But, geez. I ask a simple question in order to get as many opinions as possible. I try to make it as short as possible without including my whole life, with some reference to my situation, but still as general as possible so that others may gather from it.

Yes, I have done a lot of research and spoken to a lot of sources to get info on the topic I have posted here; but I figured, the more, the merrier, and (hopefully) the more realistic.

Instead, I am accused of a) having done too little research b) not being mature enough and c) being a LIAR!

Sorry AlphaMale, if for the past few years I have worked my ass of and, in periods, only slept a few hours a night; so that I could achieve "all that" despite only having turned 18 last month! If you have a problem with that, then that is your problem, so please don't post it on PPRuNe when I am just trying to get different opinions.

If you've got nothing better to do than to sit around on PPRuNe critising others, then perhaps you should study those ATPL books a little bit more so that you can quicker into the industry, and then you can at least say your opinions straight to the person's face!

I've know plenty of people with 10 hours logged, and I've known a lot more than them about the industy. Perhaps that's just a coincidence, but like you say, with my "links" I should know so much that I am not even posting questions here.

Yes, I would pay £5K for an FI and only work 6 months if I happen to get another job. If you are at a busy enough school, you could earn almost £10K and fly 500 hours in 6 months (don't question it, its from my "links")

Yes, I am a "lady", and what does that matter????? Wanna start a new debate?

I am 5'2" and weigh 46 kg! That ain't tall, and I have a tiny face!
I don't necessarily look very old for my age. In fact, people who just look at me without talking to me, have guessed I am 14 (and that was withing half a year ago).

And those figures (£23-40) I got for Uni, I think I got them from either a UK government site, or one of the more respectable unis in the UK; so go and question them instead.

The FI's salary may be half of a graduate, but a number of graduated don't get a job until after 6 months. After 6 months as an FI, you may be lucky enough to get an FO job! I'd take my chances with the FI

Again, I did start with Uni at 16!

Living in different countries may not make me able to handle a situation (try being a cosmetic tattooist or a therapist though - that really makes you able to handle a situation), but being 25 or 45 does not neccessarily make you able either. But it is a lot more likely that you are able to handle more after moving around and seeing different cultures than if you just grew up on the same couch (then again, it depends from person to person, but this is what research claims).

And no, I don't care for giving away the names of my businesses. As it says at the botom of every forum: anonymous forums

So I think it adds up to ask about something like this as we are all humans, and my parents can't know everything, and therefore it is usefull to consult others as well.
But what I don't think adds up is why you are spending so much time critising people whom you should reading your ATPL.

I must say, that I am quite dissapointed with PPRuNe - or at least the attitute in which I have received some answers. PPRuNe can and have been used for so much good, but it is quite dissapointing to find out exactly how little encouraging some other pilots are. Saying that, I have received a lot of good, usefull answers as well, and I do really appreciate it. Thanks

Stanzie