PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going down the drains
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 18:35
ZeeDoktor

I always buy directly on the airlines website. I don't believe in travel agents, although I know (and it irritates me) that I probably would get better rates (and service?) by haggling with an egyptian bazaar middleman.

An update: I moved the return flight, tried yesterday and was explained that "with the specially low internet tariff that I got, the non-stop flight was only available at $500 extra a ticket". Specially low my butt! I paid more than ever before for those two tickets. Fortunately, the wife threw a sh*tfit and I cancelled the changes yesterday, and called again today to make the same changes. Now magically today, they were able to book us on the non-stop flight without the extra $500.

They either read this forum (and know who I am), or it just happened to be one of those management by coincidence things. I'm still off emirates for the future, unless something really magic happens. Sad, considering we're talking $30'000 in lost revenue for them over the next 5 years.

For the money I spend on them, they should provide me with a personal travel assistant, and read every wish off my lips.

Still just Zee Doktor...