PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Respect and gratitude for the military
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 13:22
WhiteOvies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wader, see what you're getting at but not sure on all the details of US High street fashion. There is definately a US market for army surplus (picked myself up a fantastic and V cheap Goretex on last trip) but not sure how widespread this is, the shop I was in was very close to large USMC base.

I don't particularly remember seeing a lot of civilians wearing combats though, as I would walking around any town/city centre in the UK. Camo has been in and out of fashion for years and one company has even made its entire reputation based on garments made in various camo. I believe there is even a book out about it. Ironic isn't it that with CS95 the forces are almost fashionable but aren't allowed to wear in public? Or that when they do they 'upset' people. As an aside, whilst at Heathrow, I saw a chap with a T shirt with a silhouette of an RPG on it. The tag line, spelt out in sparkly writing said 'RPG 7 - That should do it'. Considering what the guys and girls on the ground are doing I found this distasteful but didn't ask the bloke wearing it to leave the airport.

Last edited by WhiteOvies; 15th May 2007 at 13:35. Reason: Dyslexia strikes again!