PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for US based pilots
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 09:04
alohajec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e*Trade Has an HSBC U.S. $ account in HKG

FYI -
No worries. The news keeps getting better. I just spoke with both e*Trade and HSBC again to verify the following information. The account number I mentioned in the previous post (502118029201) is an E*Trade Securities HKG Limited U.S. Dollar Account with HSBC Bank. (Say that 10 times fast). In short, it IS an HSBC account number.

So that means when you goto HSBC's online transfer section in their website, Under the section "Transfer to/from Foreign Currency Account" select "To an HSBC Account - 24-hour Currency Exchange Services" since that account is an HSBC account. (Do NOT choose the "To a non-HSBC Account" option).

Once you are there in Step 2>>> Select "Other HSBC Account" and input the account number listed above. (Call e*Trade to verify this beforehand as I claim no responsibility!) Change the Account Currency in the pull-down menu to "USD United States Dollar."

Funds will be transferred immediately and there will be no charge since it's within HSBC!

Remember to include your 8-digit e*trade USA account number (I guess you put that in the Notes section) and call e*Trade afterwards to notify them you've transferred funds to your e*trade USA account.

Hope this helps/works for you.
Aloha