PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe/Bacon - 4
Thread: Flybe/Bacon - 4
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 07:39
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've spoken to a few members of management recently and they all confirmed that the plan shown in the bid document is correct. 145s at BHX until 2009. As for who is going to fly them that's another question as only two people to the best of my knowledge have so far been offered command courses.

I can't genuinely believe the management's public position of "there aren't as many people leaving as you think" and "Now everyone's had a taste of fly be they won't take up their AUG / SEP EASY courses" is what they really think privately ! But they need to be acting as far as command courses are concerned. Even with the fleet reductions planned I can't see the 5 BHX captains I know that are staying being able to do everything ! There may be a couple of 145s floating around until 2009 but I would argue it is now in Fly Be's interest to dispose of the 145 ASAP and get those who want to remain on the Dash or 195 and I suspect that is what is actually around the corner come OCT / NOV.

My other concern for the future is the number of aircraft on "advertising" duty around the bases ! This also leads me to believe a change to the published plan will become a reality once the dust of those leaving has settled in the autumn.