PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Crew Security" Thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2007, 07:29
Raggyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am paying cargo, and always hate flying through Heathrow, I have never meet a bunch of job worths in my life. I totally disagree with the only one bag policy, especially when you have your overnight gear, in case your luggage gets lost, and a laptop. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to take two bags! If they think it is conjestion at the screening points, then how about they put more staff on. The stupid thing is that a handbag is often considered an extra bag. Security at heathrow annoy the hell out of me, mainly cause see heaps of other people having problems getting through as well, and yet they don't offer any help.

On time, I was going through heathrow, and noticed that there was a big pair of dress maker scissors sitting on a bench at a retailers. Had brought it up with security, and their response was, we have got no control over the retailers, only to say that he would ask the retailer to make sure that they aren't on the bench.

Now, my question was this. What would have happened if the scissors had gone missing. I bet that if they did go missing, no one would have brought up the fact that they were missing. Somehow don't think they would have shut down heathrow that is for sure, which is what they should have done. A good thing though is that the terrorists we are dealing with aren't the most clever people in the world.

What shocks me more, is the fact that there is very little checks on identity. I was absolutely shocked on my first trip to the UK, when other than check in, and boarding the aircraft, no other checks were done.