PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting an FAA PPL(A) and self fly hire on helis in Kissimmee, Florida ???
Old 15th May 2007, 04:46
Aer Maritz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you again for you replies.

As I stated in my first post, I will be in Florida anyway on holiday. Being there I thought that I would take advantage of the opportunity to do some flying

However, it all seems to be a little too much effort

I am a professional pilot, I hold a current ICAO ATPL and where I operate requires probably a deeper level of security checks than the TSA.

I fully understand the situation post 9/11 and I am happy to comply with all the requirements, but to have to go through the hoops to fly a simple 172 is probably not worth the effort

NH2390, thank you and I will PM you. SoCal thanks again for your help. I see you offer similar advise freely to other posters on Prune and I really appreciate your making the effort to update me.

Having said this, I still would like to fly, so if not a P-51 then I might approach a club an take a flight with an Instructor and my son in the back.

It is a shame that thinks have become this way, but this is what we have to put up with in then modern age