PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Scools in NE Scotland
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2007, 16:33
Robbo0885

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all, certainly there is lots to consider. My preference at the moment is Dundee, with Tayside Av. Its easiest to get to, and only about an hour and a half away.

Crash One, are you flying with Dundee at the moment did you say? What is the situation like for booking lessons? Easy enough to get two lessons at a time, two weeks or so in advance, or would I need to book farther ahead than that?

I must admit, Dundee is my preference, simply for the fact that they do more advanced training too. As i want to do flying commercially, perhaps doing PPL with Dundee is a good idea, as when I do night ratings, IMC, CPL etc I will know the set up and perhaps know the instructors a bit better.

The more I think it through, the more i'm convincing myself it is worth the extra money, and certainly worth the ease of travel (thankyou Megabus...lol) One thing maybe a current PPL student could give me an idea on-how much do books and flight equipment come in at?

Dundee's package includes "£200 of Pooleys flight equipment", paying hour by hour I would need to buy this stuff myself, how much do the essentials tend to cost?