PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bull Air Race (London, UK) 29 July 2007 Radio Frequencies?
Old 14th May 2007, 12:13
aircraftinfo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to thank those who have replied again. But really I would like to say that I only raised this up simply as an aircraft enthusiast with just a radio reciever only.

I also understand the OFCOMs simple rules stating the terms of the use of certain frequencies.

I also understand that there are certain frequencies that if found on the reciever/transiever can lead to more than a slapped wrist.

Having said this I know that there are a large majority of aviation/airband enthusiasts who listen into the airband frequency, yet as I also know the UK police at best simply turn a blind eye.

Also on a security note I do know that there is a site for aviation enthusiasts to register to an aviation enthusiast security scheme, which apparantly gets approval by the UK police and is somewhat recognised by the US Homeland Security.

The site is http://www.laasdata.com/taess.html

I myself am a member and I fully understand the security of airports and radio frequencies, so I have no hesitation as to ask questions about the Red Bull Air Race in particular.

I once again thank those who have replied.