PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Scools in NE Scotland
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2007, 11:16
Robbo0885

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the comments all. As far as medical goes, I hold a class 1 commercial medical that i got back in november last year. i believe this also gives the class 2 clearance. (I figured as my overall aim is to work for airlines, might as well make sure i'm able to do it medically before starting!)

In regard to doing the PPL abroad, this would be nice, but I have read alot on the topics on this board about the UK-US pros and cons, and would rather do it locally. Aberdeen would be great to do it, but the price is ludicrous. I think i worked out that it would cost around £6500 for the 45 hours, plus around £20 landing fees-simply not viable for me.

The only reason I am looking at packages is because it works out cheaper. As with all things, it is a risk that they go bust, but the same risk is taken any time you book a package holiday-i figure its about calculated risk. Kinmloss sure aint going anywhere, the flying club is subbed by the RAF, as for Dundee its been there a while, as has Inverness.

I did look at Perth, but as they werent offering a package, I hadn't looked more into it. Do most people pay for it as they go, or do it in a package? Is the extra money you end up paying by doing it pay as you go worth it simply because you can change school and decide which books etc you will get instead of being given in the package?

Obviously there are opinions backing either side, my objective is simply to gather as much info as possible so i can make the best decision. I mean, even down to aircraft-any real reason why you would choose a P.Tomahawk over a C152 for example?