PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High College Failure Rate?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2007, 10:20
intherealworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice post 120.4, it's a shame those that in charge of these things don't listen to what everyone who matters is telling them.

the college courses currently tend to suit people who pick things up quickly, not a bad characteristic for an atco! but what if these people peak very shortly after leaving the college and have no further capacity to cope with the increasing traffic?

whereas perfectly capable students who maybe don't pick things up as quickly and just need a little time for things to sink in, but hidden away they have the ability to cope with ever increasing traffic levels once at a unit and have the basics sussed, are being chopped at the first hurdle when they have been in an air traffic environment for less than 6 months.

also why do we have a one course fits all? I've been in many lessons/lectures/courses that help me understand i'm a visual learner/activist, theorist etc but hey ho you all have to do the same lessons. In fact I think they even test this during recruitment. I appreciate courses have to have certain topics, content and be approved by SRG but why aren't people being streamed according to learning style?