PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 14th May 2007, 10:11
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to hear you got a job out of your TR Avrodamo.

Though I must confess to being somewhat of an advocate of the SSTR (as long as it's affordable) I do also know of one chap who got his TR and then waited for quite some time before getting a break. Admittedly this was a couple of years ago, nevertheless SSTR isn't a guaranteed route for everyone and though it helps get you further up the queue it can still be long wait from that point onwards. Maybe it's personality that factors into it too and you need to be a nice all round character or simply just in the wrong place at the wrong time as far as recruitment is concerned.

However one thing I do find alarming is the number of people who resign their jobs which simply compounds the risk further. If you can get through the mill gaining your JAR exams and the subsequent CPL/IR why do people leave their jobs at a drop of the hat? At least attempt to negogiate some unpaid leave from work or 'work from home', surely try something to hang onto your job and don't become so mesmerised by the fictional prospect of immediate employment post SSTR. Plan ahead of time there's more chance of other parties agreeing when they have ample notice and if not then you know where you stand ahead of schedule and not some last minute surprise.