PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PFA/Sywell fly-in.
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2007, 06:43
jeffbell59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sywell/pfa fly-in

Looks like I am banging my head against a brick wall with this thread and guess Sywell will always have it's "anti-brigade", so this is the last from me !

We have lots of satisfied customers, we get more positive feedback than negative. Ok, so we have fences, they only stop airside access. Most companys are accessible via the main entrance apart from Sundays when the businesses are closed anyway. The Hotel reception is always accessible and is a good point to start for access.

As for Sywell changing in the future, guess you want the fences ripping out ?! They work for us and achieve what they were put there for. With a hotel and coporate venue (Hangar 1) we regularly get events with between 500-1000 guests of non-aviation backgrounds on site. Without fences, how would you stop them wandering around the place for those of an inquisitive nature.

Stop thinking of things from a spotters prospective and think of our potential problems as management ! I re-iterate, we are friendly when asked for access!