PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting an FAA PPL(A) and self fly hire on helis in Kissimmee, Florida ???
Old 14th May 2007, 03:51
Aer Maritz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again SoCal for your time.

I have found my FAA CPL (H) licence number, so I will submit this to the FAA. At least then I might be able to hire a helicopter.

As for the 10 or so hours, my plan was to do around 5 hours dual, get a flight check and fly the rest solo! The 10 hours is only based on the fact that my wife would probably get a bit annoyed if I spend the whole time in Florida on a busmans holiday hanging around an airfield!!!

Anyway, if the FAA come back with a reasonable response, I will contact a flight school and see if I can make a booking. If I need to I will sit the exams there. However, there is an FAA approved examination centre here in Dubai, so I am also checking with the regional FAA to see if they can be done here prior to departure if the nominated flying school is acceptable.

The TSA fingerprint check can be done in Saudi Arabia with Saudi Aramco, which is only a 2 hour flight.

And if all else fails, I will spend the money on a dual P-51 ride while there!!!