PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saluting the PM
Thread: Saluting the PM
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 21:24
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Passpartout (sic!)

Is that Connery the Scottish Nationalist who doesn't feel the need to actually live in Scotland?

If he wants to express an opinion, maybe he should actually experience life in his homeland

He's a git, and I wouldn't salute him, either

Nor would he want you to salute him, not least since he was once a Leading Seaman in the Royal Navy!

Curiously enough, he also used to be our milkman when I was a small child in Edinburgh, and when I see him, as I do from time when we are both visting the US at the same time, I still say "Two pints please, Mr Connery", to which he replies "It's two pints please, Sir Sean to you young man"! And your personal knowledge of Sir Sean which enables you to abuse him is based on what exactly, PP?

As for his political opinions, it matters not whether he still lives in Edinburgh or in Lyford Quay in the Bahamas - you can take the Scot out of Scotland, but you cannot take Scotland out of the Scot. I currently have to live in England, but it doesn't stop me from feeling very strongly about what is happening in Scotland - and right now I am laughing myself silly about Labour's discomfiture following the Scottish elections. Unlike Sir Sean (and absolutely nothing to do with my monniker), I hold no particular brief for the Scottish Nationalists, but you would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at their win over Labour, however narrow the margin! So, more power to Sir Sean for helping them to heighten their profile - I salute you!

Jack

PS What brought me to England? The love of a good woman - but please don't tell my wife! And, no, she's not English either ....