PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B757 Power Settings
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 19:34
Fellow Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rabbit:
I notice from your profile that you have a vast amount of experience from a long and diversified career; military, instructing, airline etc. I value your opinion, however I don't agree with all you said.

The purpouse of an sim check is mainly to assess one ability to cooperate in a multi crew environment and the ability to cope with new situations. Also basic flying and procedural skills are evaluated. You are very correct on the fact that relying only on ramdom advise from an internet board is not the way to learn how to fly.

My view to a job interview is that you absolutely must prepare. All the other candidates will do it, except those who do not understund the importance of this. Please notice that I have flying experince, I only havn't flow a jet. Like we know, there are fundamental differences in flying TPs and jets. I am not on keen learing these differences in the sim. Learing these differences in the sim will only take capacity away from the asingment, and would put me in a worse position to those who are prepared.

In my opinion it is safe to say that the assessor will spot those who are not up to the task, desipe they might have been given some information beforehand. Random tips only will not help ont to get through, but they might give some advantage especially if the canditates are on par with eachother.

Preparation is something I need to do, unless I'm willing to give competitive advantage to the prepared candidates...