PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Squint correction prior to Class 1
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 18:49
David Horn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi DuffyDuck,

I've been tested with special glasses with prisms in prior to the operation to determine how far they can push the eye without me developing double vision, and it's also being done with a new adjustable suture technique so they can make doubly sure after the operation, and "wind it back" a little if necessary.

The stereopsis is interesting - I had an esotropia corrected when I was very young, so developed some stereo vision. Unfortunately, the eye is now turning out again and I've gone back to suppressing the superfluous image. Since it's already been straight once I'm not particularly concerned about diplopia, and neither is the surgeon.

Apparently it's quite common for more than one operation to be needed, the mean number is closer to 3. However, I was able to do a couple of the stereo vision tests (they were like magic eye puzzles, but I could do them for a change. Like looking at lots of dots) so who knows?

I will take your advice and wait for the CAA's opinion before confirming the date for the op.

Cheers,

Dave.