PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK AAIB May 2007
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 18:20
HeliComparator

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
bravo73 - Oh dear, sorry to have upset you - clearly its unacceptable to have a viewpoint different from yours.

Thankyou for informing me of Oldbeefer's experience in military instructing, strange then that his post, whilst factually correct, seems to miss the point that it makes no difference whether a student has gone solo or not to the legal position of solo starting. It only makes the point that the military procedures are more restrictive than those required by law. But fortunately he has you snap at the heels of any questioners - perhaps he is too Old to do it himself? But no, I'm sure its that he is too courteous and respects the right of others to have an opinion.

Not quite sure what you mean by
That's about the 3rd thing that you've got grossly wrong on this thread.
as so far I have said that the amendment to the ANO was not on the CAA website, and that its legal for any student under the supervision of an instructor to do solo flights. Do you think that either of those statements is grossly wrong? Then I did wonder whether perhaps OB was not an instructor, but surely wondering is not something that can be right or wrong.

So overall B73, could I suggest that it is you who should wind your neck in unless you have anything interesting to contribute?

Flingwings, of course flying schools can and should set their own more restrictive standards, I was just making the point about what was legal. I think you are right in that if the student goes beyond what was briefed by the instructor, he no longer has the ability to act as flight crew in that role as required by article 26 and is therefore breaking the law

HC