PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates going down the drains
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 17:03
ZeeDoktor

Emirates going down the drains

I've flown with EK between Australia and Europe a total of 9 times in the past 2.5 years. It was quite pleasurable in the beginning, but the last two flights (one in business) sucked badly. Not only is their service not up to scratch, their latest trick now is to sell tickets online without clearly telling you they're giving you the SYD-BKK-DXB instead of the direct one. Then in BKK they make you deboard the plane, walk up one floor, back through security into the cattle hold area until you can get back on.

After having forked out $2500 per ticket for me and my wife, they first claimed on checkin that there are no seats on the direct flight. I insisted they check again until they came back with an offer of $570 extra per ticket for an "upgrade" to the direct flight. I'm a silver member in their "club" with 100'000 miles that of course eternally will remain unused because upgrades never are available.

The next 23 hours I spent sitting in the bloody fricken center-center seat.

In short: I got tricked when buying the tickets, cheated out of my preferred seating and lied to by their staff. Consider that next time you buy with them.

Bye bye EK. The damage has been done.