PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Respect and gratitude for the military
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 14:46
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Some good ideas here

TopBunker said:
Bin hats with working dress. Working uniform does change, after all, to echo civilian attire - witness the ever-changing RAF woolen pulloven
Was a time at the main operational HQ, name slips my mind, when the rule was no hats outside. This saved an awful lot of arm waving and saved wg cdrs embarrassment if they miscounted and saluted another wg cdr.

Ascension only the 3 sqn ldrs, the major, the 2.5 and the staish wore hats.
Then of course I remember when we adopted woolly pulleys vice the bomber jacket, even M&S started selling a civvie version, but times move on.

Big Bear said:
Why don't we all start wearing hoodies - no fod hazard there
Another cracking idea. Especially if they have a front pouch, saves wearing gloves.

wearing uniform is to distinguish you from those that don't while at the same time identifying clearly which organisation you belong to
Very true. We could wear the appropriate service colour and have EAW badges etc woven in to help espirit de corps.

Hoveronly
to get all RAF servicemen to wear a postmans uniform! Whilst you're there, give them a bike as well
This is only getting better. Very green. Shorts are a good idea too with global warming and bike riding. But better than the positie's pants, how about those lovely posing pouches used by the PEd staff?

And to really keep up with changing fashion, how about we all wear that ubiquitous European fashion - the polo shirt. As these are so cheap we could have sqn ones, flight ones, informal ones with unit zaps etc. Why, we could even have heritage type ones with wings embroidered on.

They would all go with my Royal Air Force baseball cap. Oh, b r, we started off with no hats. Still, back to front would keep the sun off my neck.

Oh, we already have polo shirts with wings?