PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saluting the PM
Thread: Saluting the PM
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 14:28
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
X-Rating

Back to the long course at Netley for you, or perhaps the old Kent earthquake has shaken your remaining brain cells up a bit. I’ll say this as gently as I can “Mrs Thatcher is no longer Prime Minister!” But it was nice of you to call her “him”. Oh! You mean Mr Blair do you? Well, Cherie (for it can only be you - and "X-Rating" is a very apt nom de plume for you), nice try, but suggesting that “he has more moral courage in his little finger than I suspect many of you” is frankly a bit of a cheek when you consider the courage so much more tangibly shown by so many of the contributors for whom this forum is intended - myself excluded in the courage category of course.

Two words that I'm sure that others will very swiftly have mentioned before I can next get online -David Kelly. Ever heard of Dr David Kelly and the “moral courage” displayed in his tragic case by Mr Blair - so ably aided and abetted by his accomplices Alastair Campbell, "Sir" John Scarlett et al - and that’s just for starters.

Jack

PS For 4fitter - Vis a vis your “And finally, (saluting) the PM or any other poli or senior civil servant - not in 31 years and hoping not to whilst still in uniform” is strangely at odds with your having become a “fairly senior bod”! Please also see Post # 9 on page 1.

PPSS For Samuraimatt - “How would David Blunkett even know if you saluted him or not?” Before you head back to “Spotters’ Corner”, please reread Post # 45, and engage brain - and don’t even think of sending me a PM!