PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resignation Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 11:45
Pulp Fiction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps5speed180, I agree with you: any of us at FR know how rapidly things can change. However, if you hand in your notice you are required to work a three months notice period, that's in our contracts. So, why on earth is interpol1977 asking such a dumb question?

It's so straight forward that it's beyond my comprehension that he has to post on how to resign from Ryanair. It's like this interpol1977, you can, 1) either hand in your letter to PB, 2) hand your letter in to your relevant Base Captain, 3) post in your resignation to Personnel in Dublin using recorded delivery. Keep a copy of your letter & the receipt for yourself then if Ryanair deny having received your resignation you have proof of posting etc. Get a signature if you hand it in in person if you want to. What the hell do you think you do? Hand it in to the Lithuanian stewardess at the back of the bus?

I try to stick up for the Ryanair pilots on these forums, always taking the line that however bad the company may or may not be the pilots are a good bunch of capable people who are just trying to get on with things. Then along comes a complete nincompoop like interpol1977 with a ridiculous question like this. You're damn right that your next job will be a challenge: I would guess that so is tying your shoe laces in the morning, you probably have to use a velcro fastening though, because even that's beyond you.