PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK AAIB May 2007
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2007, 08:22
HeliComparator

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Daysleeper,

Seems odd that its not on the CAA website, however it clearly exists so I retract my "alleged".

What I do not retract is that there is an implication from the AAIB report that the change was to "fix" this accident scenario. In fact pre- or post- the change, the student pilot was/is legally entitled to start the aircraft with the approval of the instructor.

Therefore I ask what was point of including this irrelevant comment in the report - was it perhaps to spread confusion amongst flight instructors in the hope that more would decline to allow their students to start up solo? - if so that is dishonourable and an attempt to spread mis-information. Looking at some of the posts on this thread, a sucessful one at that.

Oldbeefer is a good example of the confusion - sorry to pick on you but you posted whilst I was writing - perhaps you are not an instructor but the point is that to be allowed to start up solo (which is reasonably surely a precursor to solo fllight?) and/or to fly solo, you merely need a student licence/medical and to be under the supervision of an instructor

HC